Friday, May 20, 2016

Baby bunnies are here!

Finally they're here! After a long wait and doubts about her being pregnant at all, momma rabbit surprised me May 18th with 9 baby bunnies! I had to double and triple check that number because that's a massive litter for such a small bunny!


Lots of interesting colours in this litter, I'm super excited to see how they turn out! You can see this kit from the picture above is kind of a lilac colour with a white muzzle and blaze. This "dutch" colour pattern is going to appear among the kits because the buck was a Vienna Dutch Lionhead cross. There are already one or two kits with black and white markings.

Buck sire, similar to this rabbit pictured here.


Such a crazy surprise to fill up water, hay and feed the night before with zero indications of the litter to come that night, and bam! - I came in the next morning to this! She plucked lots of hair too, they certainly have enough to keep safe and warm.


I love this picture because that one kit at the top looks like a little piglet,
so cute and naked, can't wait for more hair!
I've been taking pictures each day, and I look forward to reflecting back when they're all grown and I can see how fast they grew. I know it's going to be fast, but the anticipation of them growing into that cute fluff stage feels like forever.

Vienna Dutch Lionhead/Cross X Vienna Harlequinized Siamese Sable Lionhead/Cross

What colours will they turn out to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment