Thursday, May 8, 2014

Inspiration & Resources: New Books for Spring 2014

On my birthday I took a much needed bookstore shopping spree so I could add some new resources to my personal library. Gardening books are especially wonderful because you can take them right out into the garden without a cord or batteries, sit out and picture yourself following the plans, implementing the designs and being inspired to grow-on.

I've read lots of books and scanned over many blogs. Since graduating university, I've thought a lot about how over 4 years you may only read two dozen or so books (maybe even less) and do a bit of thinking and earn a degree and become an expert of sorts. Keeping that attitude in mind, I think it's very important to read many books on farming, gardening, and homesteading in order to be a true master and be a successful edible gardener. I love finding new information, new designs, and tips on plant varieties, plant combinations and even recipes.

Groundbreaking Food Gardens
(73 Plans That Will Change the Way You Grow Your Garden)
by Niki Jabbour


Farm Anatomy
(The Curious Parts & Pieces of Country Life)
by Julia Rothman



40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead
(A Hands-on, Step-By-Step Sustainable-Living Guide)
by David Toht

No comments:

Post a Comment