Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Gardening Aside: Traditional Winter Camping in Algonquin Park

At the end of February I spend a full week traditional camping in the center of Algonquin Park. It had been a few years since I had gone as far as Algonquin to go winter camping, revisiting the park was refreshing and grounding. As a crafts-person, I made a traditional anorak for the trip and I hope to start making my own tent to share with friends. It was an amazing experience, and I can't wait to go again. I'll let the images tell the story.


Boil-up at Redfox Lake 

View of my moccasins 

Stoker point of view
On our way out of Algonquin
Morning circle before the haul out of the park 
Hauling across the lake
View of my sled
Hauling in the forest along the dog-sled trail
Prepping the snowshoes pre-trip 
A little water-colour I did one morning.
"Otter Pond - Algonquin Park"
Panorama of Otter Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment