Friday, March 14, 2014

St. Patrick's Day came early!

I came out the chicken coop this morning and I found a cute little green pullet egg! What a pleasant surprise! After a long 5 weeks with a sparse collection of eggs, it's nice to add another layer hen to the count. This egg came from a Easter-egger (with a secret mix), I can't wait to she what her sister might lay and what the future holds for their eggs. In the spirit of St. Patrick's day I was blessed with a wee green egg, my lucky little clover! They don't have names yet, so I guess given the date and upcoming holiday, they'll be named "Clover" and "Patty" naturally.
I have two sisters, very similar looking, but I know it was one of them who laid this little gem!
The green egg next to an Icelandic egg!
I can't wait for more eggs! Have a great weekend and an awesome St. Patrick's day, party safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment